- PTC is also called IHH (Idiopathic Interacranial Hypertension). Basically it is like high blood pressure, but it is high spinal cord fluid pressure in my brain.
- Only 1 out of 100,000 people suffer from PTC.
- Although there is no real known cause, it does tend to occur more often in women of child-bearing age who are overweight.
- Every journey is unique. After reading about some people's struggles online, I believe that my case was caught very early.
- IF PTC goes untreated, it could result in vision loss.
- You can't really cure PTC. You control it through medicine and weight loss; however, surgery may be needed in some cases.
- Some people have lumbar punctures regularly to relieve the pressure.
- While others have surgery to have a shunt placed to have the access fluid drained into another area.
Wednesday, February 5, 2014
Things I Have Learned So Far...
Below is just a list of things I have learned about PTC in the past 2-3 weeks.